Job offer: CTS Transportation Commissioner’s Assistant
A few words about our company
CTS is a transportation company with train lines and a tour Schedule to follow. There’s infrastructure maintenance and repair.
There are over 30 million travelers each year in southern California. Many use our trains for transportation.
If you have the ability to manage your own work time and to self-organize your tasks, if you are looking for a place to grow your passions and skills by assisting the CTS Transportation Commissioner – this is the place for you.
Qualifications & Description of Job:
- CTS Transportation Commissioner’s Assistant will provide support for the Commissioner and present her proposals to municipalities
- Will be a disciplined person with high self-motivation and good secretarial, focus on details, good organizational & writing skills and will make reservations, schedule meetings, dictate letters for the secretary to type for the Commissioner and complete research/documentation
- May relay Commissioner’s instructions to CTS Train Traffic System Controller-Dispatcher, System Controller-Engineer, Warehouse Supervisor, and other staff members.
- Will help establish 3 year service plans to optimize equipment cycles.
- Will communicate and coordinate with CTS crew the 3 year service plans.
- Will help plan strategies with the goal of achieving cost savings, revenue enhancements, and/or improved processes.
- Will assist Commissioner to check on the Timetables and Timetable Teams implementation of changes.
- Will make sure Commissioner’s instructions have been implemented.
- Familiar with web-based tools, i.e. WordPress
- Motivated to develop themselves using the above skills list.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Part-Time Pay: The more work experience and skills, the more pay, up to $50/hr
If you become a full-time associate, CTS offers Medical & Dental benefits:
- Healthcare package for full-time associates
- Dentalcare package for full-time associates
Posting Location(s): Work from Commissioner’s Home
Travel Requirements:Up to 100%
We want your work at CTS to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for CTS job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment reference checks, background verification, criminal record check, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. CTS is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CTS safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), CTS is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for CTS to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Prefer someone with a college degree, however, if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that will qualify you for the job.
CTS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Qualified applicants will be notified of the exact time of their interview to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas.