Locomotive and Electric Train Driver
Tasks and duties
- Inspecting the train prior to departure.
- Reporting defects to engineers and management.
- Carrying out adjustments and undertake repairs.
- Getting the train from station or depot of origin to destination on time.
- Monitoring the train speed to ensure safe travel.
- Making announcements to passengers and liaising with on-board staff.
- Exchanging information with other drivers, station guards and security.
How to become a Train Driver
To become a Train Driver you must complete a traineeship and related vocational qualification.
- Complete a Certificate IV in Train Driving (TLI42615). You may be required to undertake and pass a Category One Medical.
- Gain supervised experience as a Train Driver during a traineeship.