Transportation & Warehouse Stock Person
- Does warehouse and train inventory and manages computer record keeping.
- Updates passenger train’s supplies, immediately upon the train’s arrival.
- Does daily inventory of passenger train supplies and daily freshens the any necessary supplies and does computer record keeping.
- Verifies supplies delivered with computer records of supplies ordered and shipped tracking #s.
- Freshens train’s food supplies immediately upon their delivery.
- Worker has some training in forklift use, reach trucks and/or other motorized equipment to move inventory.Unless otherwise instructed, may use a radio-frequency (RF) device to aid in picking or packing stock and/or other inventory tasks.
- May assist in training new associates.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Supplies/merchandise are in good condition when delivered and put in use immediately.\
- The train’s freight shipments and/or supplies are in good condition and appropriately placed on the train with computer record verification ensuring they’re are in their designated areas.
- CTS freight service is good and shipments are done correctly and relatively immediately. And customers are happy.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to read and understand the English language to compare and read product descriptions, names and shelf labels.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Have a good overall understanding of workflow and can work with minimal guidance
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Ability to use good judgment to carry out detailed instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in physical inventory.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills
- May require ability and certification to operate power equipment at high levels (20’-40’) such as reach trucks, picker machines, forklift and comply with all safety standards and OSHA requirements.
- May require hazmat training certification.
- Maintain appropriate attendance standards.
- Ability to train and assist associates as needed.
Schedule: to be announced
Posting Location(s): to be announced
Job Family/Function: Transportation & Warehousing
We want your work here to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for our job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment reference check, background verification, criminal records check, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the work place safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), we are required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Qualified applicants will be notified of the exact time of their interview to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in the job and related areas.