Transportation and Warehouse Supervisor
- Directs the workflow, motivates, trains and monitors the performance of warehouse associates.
- Monitors transportation and warehouse work processes and makes suggestions for modifications to increase and improve productivity, efficiency and accuracy for improving costs; implements changes as directed or needed.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Coaches employees to support their development in the role.
- Supervises the receipt of merchandise, ensuring that only products intended for the Distribution Center are accepted by the receiving clerks; ensures that daily logs are maintained with accurate information relative to products received.
- Oversees the department staff in counting, weighing and identifying items being shipped; checks materials against invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar documents.
- Oversees prevention of illegal shipments (i.e. drugs & weapons).
- Maintains all records of the delivery process such as time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials shipped.
- Oversees the manifests of routes and departures to ensure customers receive their merchandise in a timely manner.
- May interact with customers in resolving delivery, or order filling issues.
- Ensures the maintenance of records documenting freight process, including incoming and outgoing freight
- Oversees the quality of the packing, protecting breakable items to ensure merchandise received by customers arrives in a satisfactory manner.
- Performs related duties as assigned, i.e., liaison with customs officers when necessary; coordinates Tuesday & Thursdays with CTS Conductor-Train Manager & Delivery Companies
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Ability to communicate effectively as a leader, both orally and in writing.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good leadership/coaching skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, to meet productivity goals.
- and must live near a CTS Tour Hub (Oceanside, Fullerton or Perris) where your office will be located.
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursdays, start at 7:30 am until completed
Part- Time PAY:
CTS’s current pay schedule depends on your experience as a Supervisor, up to $50/hr
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s): Warehouse, Relay Stations: Fullerton, Perris & Oceanside
Job Family/Function: Transportation & Warehousing
We want your work at CTS to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for CTS job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment reference check, background verification, criminal records check, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. CTS is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CTS safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), CTS is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for CTS to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CTS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Qualified applicants will be notified of the exact time of their interview to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in the job and related areas.
If you become a full-time associate, CTS offers Medical & Dental benefits:
- Healthcare package for full-time associates
- Dentalcare package for full-time associates